JC Edwards & Son, Inc. was founded by Jerry Edwards in 1947. His son, Bob Edwards, set up a small store front location on Adams Street (Downtown Peoria) in 1967.
Throughout the years, JC Edwards & Son, Inc. was often referred to by many local and Central Illinois businesses as the “Little Shop on Adams”. Truck drivers often stopped in to purchase hand trucks and pallet jacks used for their daily deliveries.
Bob Edwards had a reputation of always being ready to help them out of a jam. Often, complete caster sets were disassembled and rebuilt in order to get just the right wheel or rigging required for the customers demanding application.
When customers had an old or worn out caster component and couldn’t find a replacement, they would always call Bob before giving up hope. Bob Edwards sold the company in 1991 to Diane Jones.
In 1992, JC Edwards & Son, Inc. expanded their physical facility and relocated operations to their current home at 1925 West Altorfer Drive in Peoria, Illinois.
In 2010, JC Edwards & Son, Inc. returned to the Edwards family when it was acquired by Greg Davis, whom is the grandson of Bob Edwards.